Wednesday, July 3, 2013

On the Road Again

Obviously, I'm the worst blogger EVER.

But I have excellent excuses!  Well, at least one.  My small apartment has grown even smaller.  The kitchen table is in my bedroom, the washer and dryer are in my kitchen, and there are buckets and boxes everywhere!  I'm hoping this packing-little-by-little method will prove to be more organized on the unpacking end of it.  This has been the longest transition to moving time.  


Oh yes, we are moving again!  The joys of being an Army wife.  This will be the fourth time I've got new house keys in less than three years.  But there are advantages, opportunities, and memories.  Advantage: moving frequently discourages hoarding habits.  Opportunity: our next move puts Hubby in position to earn his Master's degree.  Memory: our first child was born here in beautiful Colorado.




I can't believe she's already SIX months old!  Isn't she gorgeous, folks?

My next DIY project is going to organize her growing hairbow collection!  The shoebox shenanigans I've been pulling for half a year are over.  My plan is to custom design a photo collage board of sorts.




My progress so far consists of buying four 12x12 cork squares.  So I'm a slow mover- it's all good.  I promise pictures as soon as I get fabric and ribbons.  And pins.  And time.  Man...

Been trying to get back on the exercise scene.  For a while.  Two apps that have been a big motivation for me are My Fitness Pal and Skimble's Workout Trainer.  With My Fitness Pal, keep track of your calorie intake and output, set goals, connect with friends.  Skimble has so many options!  Workouts from 5 minutes to 60 minutes, choose your target area, difficulty level...  Check them out!

Thanks for reading!  Leave a comment!

Liv ;)

6 comments:

  1. Hi. My name is Jake, [pause for response] and I am a hoarder...

    What's really the deal with hair-bow collections??? Seems to me that black, brown, and white should be the only varieties needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiiiiiii Jake :)

      Someday soon, you will have a daughter of your own, and you'll learn how many shades of pink, yellow, orange, green, and blue are in her closet that don't really match those basics. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm pretty sure you aren't the worst blogger ever :P. Can you imagine what my blog might be like? The kitchen table in your bedroom and the washer/dryer in your kitchen sounds great for multitasking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be okay if they were actually hooked up! I'm definitely looking forward to using them instead of the old units two floors down.

      Delete
  3. You just keep moving closer to Dayton. ...and maybe your blogging would enjoy a boost if you became a ghost writer for that cute little Sydney Marie. I'm sure the guest blogs would be fun to write and to read. She must have a unique perspective!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I can tell, her thoughts are typically "I'm hungry" and "I'm sleepy" and "You sure are goofy, Mom". So there you have it! Thanks for reading. :)

      Delete